Reporting to the Sr. Chef De Partie, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte andor buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Complete daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness and quality standards
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin. Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience. Apply Today: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
- To generate and maintain customers of defined accounts / areas through sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, entertainment).
- To maintain a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales, telephone, fax, written communications.
- To ensure comprehensive & complete coverage of own portfolio covering all levels of accounts’ managerial & departmental executives for a comprehensive client servicing, achieving targets and maximum productivity.
- To implement & executes all sales objectives and action plans to reach and exceed targets set.
- To solicit and serves transient and group business & meetings.
- To formulate corporate offer letters and yearly contracts and any other required business correspondence.
- To establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices with customers for transient and group business.
- To ensure that the response to any business request is actions within 24 hours
- To promote & produces sales leads for the Rotana Hotels outside of coverage area.
- To provide feedback to the Director of Sales & Marketing / Director of Sales / Senior Sales Managers / Sales Managers on changing marketing conditions, including trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail, in his / her market areas.
- To arrange site inspections of hotel.
- To disseminate sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
- To maintain close communication with the Events Management Team in the negotiation process of their accounts.
- To attend all pre & post – conference meetings, as required, arranged by the Event’s Management Department.
- To follow up with the Events Management Team after the post – event meeting with Thank You calls and send Thank You Letter together.
- To perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established hotel policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- To handle incoming calls and ensures messages are taken and details are forwarded to the person concerned.
- To attend departmental and communication meeting as requested by Department Head.
- To attend major events in hotel & city as requested by Department Head.
- To closely monitor accounts revenue and business production of own corporate portfolio and that of any assigned Sales Executives.
- To maximize up selling opportunities whenever possible.
- To review direct competition and conducts regular research.
- To establish and maintains files of major accounts and assists Senior Sales Manager in maintaining the accounts management system.
- To ensure that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes up selling opportunities whenever possible.
- To maintain an up to date account & contact database and details in property management system.
- To ensure comprehensive and up to date knowledge of properties’ unique selling points, features, amenities, services and policies.
- To closely coordinate and communicate with outbound sales office with regards to accounts/markets that are serviced by Outbound Sales.
- To ensure that Rotana Hotels Sales & Marketing Policies and Standard Operational Procedures are adhered to at all times.
Environment, Health & Safety Responsibilities
- To maintain compliance with all policies and procedures of EHSMS.
- Identify risks/aspects, implement corrective action and arrange monitoring where required.
- Ensure relevant EHS information is provided and appropriate training is maintained.
- Maintain appropriate records as required for EHSMS.
- Conduct regular section meetings to discuss EHS issues and ensure consultative structure and colleague’s participation.
- Ensure that all reported incidents are investigated and all actions are reported to Department heads to prevent a similar occurrence.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
- You should be holding a degree in sales and minimum two years post graduate work experiences, ideally within the hotel industry.
- You must be a computer literate with excellent presentation skills and highly sophisticated communication skills, written and oral with proficiency in English is essential and any other language skills beside will be an asset.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will have a guest and service oriented attitude, backed up by a pro active approach and a strong drive for results. In your daily business you show flexibility, display a high level of integrity and professionalism to both colleagues and clients. You are having a track record in exceeding targets with the ability to identify, implement and execute sales strategies and account plans while possessing following additional competencies:
- Understanding Hotel Operations
- Effective Communication
- Planning for Business
- Supervising People
- Understanding Differences
- Supervising Operations
- Customer Focus
- Play a key supporting role in several client engagements by being a part of the team.
- Provide necessary support in the execution process and getting involved in the following activities: Collaterals Preparation of Pitch Book, Teaser document, Confidential Information Memorandum.
- Financial Modelling Analysis Accounting, commercial and legal due diligence Transaction documentation Build a strong understanding of the client organization and the sector in which the client operates and use this knowledge to improve the analysis of the financial parameters
Skills and Experience
Audit, Core, Financial, Diligence, Implementation, Support, Documentation, Commercial, Due, Legal, Banking, Products, Services, Accounting, Consumer, Insurance, Software
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!