- Full Time
Min 2 years experience
Experience in life insurance is ESSENTIAL
Duties & Responsibilities
R12 000 – R18 000 pm
- As a Marketing Assistant you’ll play an important coordination role within the team, liaising with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be involved in various daily marketing tasks to support the Marketing Specialist’s portfolio.
- The primary function of the role is to understand the marketing and communication objectives of different areas in the business and to support the Marketing Specialist in delivering these elements on time and as per agreed marketing plans.
- Another key focus is to understand and enhance the different stakeholders experience with brand-relevant and effective communication.
- Liaison with different role-players in the business, including the technical and administrative teams, as well as external role-players, to plan and prioritise projects effectively and to ensure high-quality delivery that’s on brand and on brief.
- Report to the Distribution Marketing Specialist, who is accountable for the strategic marketing delivery to different stakeholder groups.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Must have a tertiary qualification in Communication Science, Brand Management or Marketing – such as an BA Communications or Marketing, IMM diploma, Vega Brand School Degree or similar.
- Must have at least three years’ experience working in a marketing environment, preferably in the financial services space.
- At least one relevant tertiary Marketing qualification, such as a Marketing or Communication degree, is an absolute requirement
- Proven experience as a Marketing and Brand specialist – a minimum of three years’ experience is required, preferably more
- Experience within the financial services sector and specifically in the lower income market, is a strong advantage.
- Client liaison and service to our various marketing stakeholders
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability for your portfolio
- Implementing the approved strategies and marketing campaigns; by ensuring that these are successfully rolled out, on-time, on-budget, on-brand
- Diligence and attention to detail;
- Following and adhering to all marketing processes and sign-off protocols
- Proven marketing strategy skills and experience
- Campaign management and implementation skills
- Excellent project and implementation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to interact with poise at all levels within the organisation
- Must be a team player, and flexible enough to wear different hats on different days
- Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure
- Must be comfortable working in a diverse, multi-skilled and multi-disciplinary team
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy and own transport
An opportunity has arisen within a Global Trading Platform for a dynamic financial professional to assume the role of Financial Manager. The role of FM is not a typical one in the sense it will also combine elements of data analysis, KPI analysis, with only a small part of the role relating to strict accounting practices. The successful incumbent will manage the division and be responsible for the analysis, reporting (not strict financial reporting), risk identification, reconciliation, and management of the underlying brands. The position exposes individuals into how Trading Platforms operate, how risk is identified on a brand and client basis, how international payment gateways operate, the monitoring of incoming wire payments, the reconciliation of cryptocurrency deposits, while also being responsible for the broad accounting of the South African entity in terms of payroll, commission calculations, bank reconciliations and basic monitoring of asset registers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial analysis and data analysis of underlying brands.
- Preparing morning reporting pack focussing on top line metrics.
- Deposits, Withdrawals, PNL, Top client summaries, and key ratio analysis.
- Identifying trends in trading patterns of clients.
- Prepare account overviews for top depositing clients.
- Preparing morning reporting pack focussing on top line metrics.
- Payment gateway reconciliations
- Risk Analysis of brands and clients looking into deposit methods, trading history and other metrics.
- Management of KPI reporting packs relating to sales teams.
- Commission Calculations
- Bank reconciliations
- Overview of financial statements prepared by external accountants and auditors
- NB. VAT recons, PAYE submissions are done by external accountants so you will be responsible for actioning relevant payments and the overview of year end financials.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BCom Finance / BCom Economics / BCom Accounting or similar.
- BSc Data Analytics with exposure to basic accounting.
- 3 – 5 years in a senior supervisory position.
- Advanced EXCEL skills – database knowledge highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of financial or cryptocurrency markets highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of trading platforms highly advantageous.
- Management of a small team, highly advantageous
Package & Remuneration
R25 000 to R40 000 per month
- Maintains the organizational structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Manage benefits and employee files.
- Assist with internal and external training and developmental initiatives.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Must hold a Master’s Degree in HR field.
Must be fimilar with the UAE Labor Laws.
At least five years of experience in the UAE.
Responsibilities include the oversight of all aspects of the University’s marketing and communications efforts to develop, implement, evaluate, and refine a comprehensive marketing communications initiative. The person will direct the daily activities of the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communication in support of an integrated marketing communications plan to achieve maximum impact with various constituencies. The person will use innovative marketing strategies to contribute to the attainment of various University priorities, including, but not limited to, enrollment, relationship building, and fund raising. The manager will lead, motivate, supervise, and evaluate the team to promote a consistent, professional, and future-oriented image for the University. Additionally, the person will develop and implement an advertising plan; plan, arrange and manage all publicity-related special events; plan for and manage the budget to support the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communication and oversee staff in implementing programs to reach University short- and long-term goals, including:
- University promotion to the media and influential parties;
- Advertising and outreach to build the University’s reputation;
- Developing, designing, and writing print and electronic collateral materials to assert the University’s strengths;
- Consistently reinforcing University messages across all media and to all audiences;
- Consistently reinforcing and protecting the University brand;
- Developing and supporting special events that showcase University programs and accomplishments.
- Masters in related field
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English is a must
- Detail oriented
- Team oriented
- Able to multitask under pressure
Institute of Applied Technology is seeking a Vice Principal Academic to assist the Principal in providing high quality leadership to the teaching team at an IAT site. The Vice Principal Academic is responsible of the delivery of the academic program and related academic matters on campus. The VP Academic supervises Lead Teachers, provides guidance, ensures curriculum delivery as instructed by the Curriculum and Assessment Unit and oversees assessment process integrity. The VP Academic may represent the Principal in his/her absence in the Academic Council.
- Exercise leadership by taking personal responsibility for managing the teaching team
- Hold responsibility and accountability for activities, day to day operations and all academic affairs of the school
- Facilitate the development and implementation of IAT’s curriculum and project planning with the teaching team
- Foster a learning environment where every team member is encouraged to provide ideas and suggestions leading to continuous improvement of local teaching and learning practices
- Encourage alignment of IAT Teaching, Learning and Assessment practices with instructional and delivery method to meet performance improvement standards.
- Actively support the development of inter-disciplinary collaboration between teams of teachers
- Supervise instructional programs, evaluate lesson plans and observe classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development
- Ensure that the instructional programs engage the learners in tasks that require analytical and critical thinking, questioning the known, problem solving and creativity, and that the programs address learners’ needs, interests, and skill levels
- Supervise Lead Teachers and teaching staff for the purpose of monitoring performance, and achieving overall objectives of school curriculum
- Ensure that personnel evaluation procedures are accomplished in a fair and consistent manner that encourages accountability, growth, and excellence, in accordance with IAT policies and requirements
- Observe teachers, hold follow up conferences and maintain records on suggestions for needed improvement
- Develop with individual teaching staff members a Professional Improvement Plan (PIP) when needed
- Recommend opportunities for effective staff development that address the needs of the instructional program and needs of the staff, including workshops, conferences, visitations, and sessions in which the staff shares successful practices and strategies
- Provides leadership in teaching techniques, innovation and class organization
- Liaise with the Curriculum and Assessment Unit to provide up to date information on curriculum development, program evaluation, allocation of instructional materials and resources, and ensuring the proper delivery of the curriculum
- Review the grades for System Wide assessments and Final Examinations before submission to the Assessment Unit
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of the master schedule and oversee scheduling process, selection of courses, sections, and teacher schedules
- Assist in the process of interviewing, evaluating, and selecting new staff members
- Assist in the development and presentation of parent information and conference evening programs
- Maintain a clear distinction between personal values and professional ethics
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary system of the Institute
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, families, and the community to support the learning environment
- Uphold the Institute’s code of conduct and all school policies
- Undertake such other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Institute
- Assume responsibility for the operation of the Institute in the absence of the Principal.
- Applicants should possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering with a Teaching qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years successful teaching experience and 2 years as a vice principal or school principal
- It is essential you have good experience at a senior leadership level such as Assistant Head/Principal level.
- Academic IELTS Band 7 (For non native English Speakers)
- IC3 Computer cerificate
Postdoctoral research position is available to work with dept. of Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering of the United Arab Emirates University. The work is in the interdisciplinary area of cell physiology and characterization.
- Significant experience and technical skills in design, execution, and interpretation of relevant experiments using biophysical methods
- Familiarity with basic electronics concept like electrical field, capacitance, voltage etc.
- Experience with cell culture is a plus
- Able to understand and explain the cell changes (composition, structure etc.) in the presence of electrical field -Basic knowledge of cancer cell division and characteristics -Candidate will plan, perform and manage research projects independently, and as part of a team, and disseminate results via peer-reviewed journal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
- Postdoctoral experience and publication in international peer-reviewed journals are desirable.
- Adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands.
- We are looking for a person who will interact broadly, both within the laboratories and with other research groups, and faculty members in the department who share a spirit of interaction and collaboration.
- In our group we value independent critical thinking and candid discussion of all aspects of science.
PhD in Cell Physiology or Applied Bio Physics
Demonstrated strong experimental and analytical skills in biophysics, cell physiology and biochemistry in biological systems.
We are currently looking for an experienced Bus Driver to join our Hertz team in Dubai. The main purpose of this role is to improve the overall customer satisfaction by ensuring that the customer is dealt with in a pleasant and professional manner by adhering to agreed Hertz standards concerning vehicle delivery, exchanges and transfers.
- nsures that the vehicle change over report is properly filled out by properly recording any additional damages.
- Ensures that the Drivers Log Sheet is updated with each check out/check in transaction.
- Ensures that the vehicle is properly checked on site before delivery.
- Maintains proper record of the registration number and check out KMS on the Vehicle damage report.
- Gets proper acknowledgement from the customer on the required forms.
- Maintains proper record of the delivery on the Drivers Log sheet.
- Ensures that all damages along with the check in KM are properly recorded on the Collection report.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Where required customer challenges are escalated to the coordinator/CSR as per process agreed.
- Shows up to work in proper uniform as per agreed uniform policy and is properly groomed.
To drive fire truck with firefighting crew in response to fire and to the scene of emergency and operate fire pump and other firefighting systems mounted on fire vehicles.
- To turn out & drive the fire tender & other special emergency appliance and to operate the fire pumps and fixed fire fighting systems at fire or non-fire emergencies at facilities involving flammables and hazardous materials.
- Participate in Scheduled drills and tactical exercises based on site specific PIPs, and also to participate in joint emergency exercises.
- To carry out day to day checks of Fire vehicles and scheduled testing of Fire pumps and other built in firefighting systems on them.
- To carry out scheduled topography familiarization visits to facilities and the areas surrounding them.
- To follow orders on the correct handling and maintenance of all firefighting equipment as may issued by superiors. Management from time to time.
- Respond to major emergencies as Emergency Management Procedures & Procedures beyond the call of duty hours.
- Passed Secondary School Certification examination in the country of origin
- Six month fireman’s training at any Govt. Institution
- Possession of valid UAE driving license for driving heavy vehicles
- The jobholder should have minimum of five years experience as regular fireman in operationally busy fire brigade, preferably of a large petrochemical refinery complex: of which two years as heavy fire vehicle driver.
Abu Dhabi National Hotels (ADNH) was founded almost four decades ago as a hotel owner and asset manager and has evolved into a hospitality group that encompasses hotels, restaurants, destination management services, catering and transportation. Under its Hotels Division, ADNH owns some of the most reputable and recognizable hotels in the Emirate and beyond: The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal; Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas; Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort; Le Meridien Abu Dhabi; Hilton Abu Dhabi; Hilton Al Ain; Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach.
Monitor and ensure that the Operation’s performance is consistent with the established objective & goals of organizations.Planning ,monitoring and dealing with companies & contractors to ensure quality service and up to date accounts. Supervises the Fleet and all operations for any related division matter.
Good knowledge in English.