Responsibilities include the oversight of all aspects of the University’s marketing and communications efforts to develop, implement, evaluate, and refine a comprehensive marketing communications initiative. The person will direct the daily activities of the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communication in support of an integrated marketing communications plan to achieve maximum impact with various constituencies. The person will use innovative marketing strategies to contribute to the attainment of various University priorities, including, but not limited to, enrollment, relationship building, and fund raising. The manager will lead, motivate, supervise, and evaluate the team to promote a consistent, professional, and future-oriented image for the University. Additionally, the person will develop and implement an advertising plan; plan, arrange and manage all publicity-related special events; plan for and manage the budget to support the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communication and oversee staff in implementing programs to reach University short- and long-term goals, including:
- University promotion to the media and influential parties;
- Advertising and outreach to build the University’s reputation;
- Developing, designing, and writing print and electronic collateral materials to assert the University’s strengths;
- Consistently reinforcing University messages across all media and to all audiences;
- Consistently reinforcing and protecting the University brand;
- Developing and supporting special events that showcase University programs and accomplishments.
- Masters in related field
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English is a must
- Detail oriented
- Team oriented
- Able to multitask under pressure
Institute of Applied Technology is seeking a Vice Principal Academic to assist the Principal in providing high quality leadership to the teaching team at an IAT site. The Vice Principal Academic is responsible of the delivery of the academic program and related academic matters on campus. The VP Academic supervises Lead Teachers, provides guidance, ensures curriculum delivery as instructed by the Curriculum and Assessment Unit and oversees assessment process integrity. The VP Academic may represent the Principal in his/her absence in the Academic Council.
- Exercise leadership by taking personal responsibility for managing the teaching team
- Hold responsibility and accountability for activities, day to day operations and all academic affairs of the school
- Facilitate the development and implementation of IAT’s curriculum and project planning with the teaching team
- Foster a learning environment where every team member is encouraged to provide ideas and suggestions leading to continuous improvement of local teaching and learning practices
- Encourage alignment of IAT Teaching, Learning and Assessment practices with instructional and delivery method to meet performance improvement standards.
- Actively support the development of inter-disciplinary collaboration between teams of teachers
- Supervise instructional programs, evaluate lesson plans and observe classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development
- Ensure that the instructional programs engage the learners in tasks that require analytical and critical thinking, questioning the known, problem solving and creativity, and that the programs address learners’ needs, interests, and skill levels
- Supervise Lead Teachers and teaching staff for the purpose of monitoring performance, and achieving overall objectives of school curriculum
- Ensure that personnel evaluation procedures are accomplished in a fair and consistent manner that encourages accountability, growth, and excellence, in accordance with IAT policies and requirements
- Observe teachers, hold follow up conferences and maintain records on suggestions for needed improvement
- Develop with individual teaching staff members a Professional Improvement Plan (PIP) when needed
- Recommend opportunities for effective staff development that address the needs of the instructional program and needs of the staff, including workshops, conferences, visitations, and sessions in which the staff shares successful practices and strategies
- Provides leadership in teaching techniques, innovation and class organization
- Liaise with the Curriculum and Assessment Unit to provide up to date information on curriculum development, program evaluation, allocation of instructional materials and resources, and ensuring the proper delivery of the curriculum
- Review the grades for System Wide assessments and Final Examinations before submission to the Assessment Unit
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of the master schedule and oversee scheduling process, selection of courses, sections, and teacher schedules
- Assist in the process of interviewing, evaluating, and selecting new staff members
- Assist in the development and presentation of parent information and conference evening programs
- Maintain a clear distinction between personal values and professional ethics
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary system of the Institute
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, families, and the community to support the learning environment
- Uphold the Institute’s code of conduct and all school policies
- Undertake such other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Institute
- Assume responsibility for the operation of the Institute in the absence of the Principal.
- Applicants should possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering with a Teaching qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years successful teaching experience and 2 years as a vice principal or school principal
- It is essential you have good experience at a senior leadership level such as Assistant Head/Principal level.
- Academic IELTS Band 7 (For non native English Speakers)
- IC3 Computer cerificate
Postdoctoral research position is available to work with dept. of Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering of the United Arab Emirates University. The work is in the interdisciplinary area of cell physiology and characterization.
- Significant experience and technical skills in design, execution, and interpretation of relevant experiments using biophysical methods
- Familiarity with basic electronics concept like electrical field, capacitance, voltage etc.
- Experience with cell culture is a plus
- Able to understand and explain the cell changes (composition, structure etc.) in the presence of electrical field -Basic knowledge of cancer cell division and characteristics -Candidate will plan, perform and manage research projects independently, and as part of a team, and disseminate results via peer-reviewed journal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
- Postdoctoral experience and publication in international peer-reviewed journals are desirable.
- Adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands.
- We are looking for a person who will interact broadly, both within the laboratories and with other research groups, and faculty members in the department who share a spirit of interaction and collaboration.
- In our group we value independent critical thinking and candid discussion of all aspects of science.
PhD in Cell Physiology or Applied Bio Physics
Demonstrated strong experimental and analytical skills in biophysics, cell physiology and biochemistry in biological systems.
We are currently looking for an experienced Bus Driver to join our Hertz team in Dubai. The main purpose of this role is to improve the overall customer satisfaction by ensuring that the customer is dealt with in a pleasant and professional manner by adhering to agreed Hertz standards concerning vehicle delivery, exchanges and transfers.
- nsures that the vehicle change over report is properly filled out by properly recording any additional damages.
- Ensures that the Drivers Log Sheet is updated with each check out/check in transaction.
- Ensures that the vehicle is properly checked on site before delivery.
- Maintains proper record of the registration number and check out KMS on the Vehicle damage report.
- Gets proper acknowledgement from the customer on the required forms.
- Maintains proper record of the delivery on the Drivers Log sheet.
- Ensures that all damages along with the check in KM are properly recorded on the Collection report.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Where required customer challenges are escalated to the coordinator/CSR as per process agreed.
- Shows up to work in proper uniform as per agreed uniform policy and is properly groomed.
To drive fire truck with firefighting crew in response to fire and to the scene of emergency and operate fire pump and other firefighting systems mounted on fire vehicles.
- To turn out & drive the fire tender & other special emergency appliance and to operate the fire pumps and fixed fire fighting systems at fire or non-fire emergencies at facilities involving flammables and hazardous materials.
- Participate in Scheduled drills and tactical exercises based on site specific PIPs, and also to participate in joint emergency exercises.
- To carry out day to day checks of Fire vehicles and scheduled testing of Fire pumps and other built in firefighting systems on them.
- To carry out scheduled topography familiarization visits to facilities and the areas surrounding them.
- To follow orders on the correct handling and maintenance of all firefighting equipment as may issued by superiors. Management from time to time.
- Respond to major emergencies as Emergency Management Procedures & Procedures beyond the call of duty hours.
- Passed Secondary School Certification examination in the country of origin
- Six month fireman’s training at any Govt. Institution
- Possession of valid UAE driving license for driving heavy vehicles
- The jobholder should have minimum of five years experience as regular fireman in operationally busy fire brigade, preferably of a large petrochemical refinery complex: of which two years as heavy fire vehicle driver.
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Whether you’re new to hospitality or a seasoned professional, you can come to us knowing that you will always be appreciated for your natural talents. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests stay with us again and again.
Rewards for work, benefits for life
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
The impact you’ll make
You know the finest details of our menu and can’t wait to share your expertise with our guests. When they dine with us, your warm greeting, flawless table settings, and your friendly demeanor do not go unnoticed. No matter the day, you set out to provide each guest with a dining experience that will be remembered long after their stay.
What you’ll be doing
- Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
- Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
- Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
- Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
- Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
- Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
What we’re looking for
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous serving experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.