- Full Time
Kargo Long Distance is looking for experienced Code 14 Drivers with a valid PRDP and proven track record.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing a professional long distance driving service to the Company and exercising due care and consideration for other road users.
- Uplift and deliver loads safely to customer sites and ensure that deliveries and collections are done on time as and when required.
- To provide a professional, safe and cost effective service when driving for the Company. Focus must be on prevention of accidents, good fuel consumption and efficient engine and tyre use.
- Assist physically with the loading and offloading of the vehicle as and when required.
- Check and verify goods loaded for delivery and accept responsibility, ensure that the load is distributed accordingly, secured and loaded safely on the vehicle.
- Ensure to use straps as and when required to ensure the goods are secured.
- The driver may be required to open and close the trailers and make sure that the Authorization to Travel is correct, the seals are correct; the load especially on the taut liners is secured and strapped.
- Loading – Plan your load. Think in advance to ensure all goods loaded are stable and centred.
- Offloading – Take time to position the load accurately to ensure goods are not damaged.
- Ensure that you verify before leaving all your trip documentation. Verify the correct name of drivers for the trip on the trip documentation as well as the destination on the tablet provided. Ensure that you verify all the information and ensure that this is correct.
Desired Experience & Qualification
– Valid PRDP
– Clear criminal record
– 4 year’s experience driving long distance