Irene Homes is a non-profit organisation who seeks to appoint a General Worker (Male) to take up various manual labour and supporting tasks within the organization.
Starting date: 1 March 2021
– Must be an S A Citizen;
– Minimum qualification: Grade 12;
– Must have physical strength and stamina and the ability to lift heavy loads;
– Must be in good health;
– Must have a valid driver’s licence and confidence in driving;
– Must display maturity, integrity and good communication skills;
– Must have at least 3 years experience in performing tasks relating to general labour;
– Must be able to understand, speak and write in English;
– Must be able to work in a team;
– Must be willing to work under the guidance of a Manager;
– No Criminal record and in possession of a Police Clearance Certificate;
– Must be able to work flexible hours;
– Must not be older than 45.
The following recommendations will be an advantage:
– A Public Drivers Permit;
– Knowledge of general repairs (painting, etc.) And knowledge of handling power tools and materials (such as saws and drills);
– General experience in maintenance as a supportive task.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
– Handling and transporting materials and equipment;
– Cleaning up worksites from debris and collect trash;
– Do general cleaning of buildings (washing windows, cleaning toilets, offices and other buildings, containers, vehicles, etc.);
– Receive deliveries of goods;
– Do on- and off-site collections and deliveries.
Application date: Apply before 15 February 2021
Please send Curriculum Vitae and contactable reference to
Application Deadline: 2021/02/15
Expected Start Date: 2021/03/01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent