Intercape Ferreira Mainliner requires a Shunter driver at the Cape Town Depot.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. FUELLING OF COACHES AND COMPANY VEHICLES
- Record dip readings and update fuel control sheets
- Obtain relevant LG number from Operations room prior to filling vehicles
- Filling all coaches, trucks and NR vehicles (Minibuses/Bakkies/Cars/SUV’s) during shift and register each transaction on the log-sheet.
- Ensure that vehicles are properly filled (after auto stop of pump – fill till physically visible in pipe)
- Check that fuel caps are replaced and sealed properly.
- Accurate completion of documentation (pump readings beginning and end kilometers and liters)
- Scanning documents to the Operations manager and submit to Ops room,at end of shift.
- Ensure that the Tag System for Fuel Control is functional and operative Movement of coaches/NR vehicles in depot (Shunting)
2. MOVEMENT OF COACHES AND OTHER VEHICLES IN DEPOT (SHUNTING)
- Moving coaches, with maximum efficiency to optimise fuel utilisations, from workshop to washbay to parking area.
- Ensure coach windows/doors and roof hatches are sealed before entering wash pay and switched of when parked in washbay
- Upon completion of the cleaning process vehicles are taken to relevant departing/parking point.
- Vehicles parked at ready-line must be in alignmen
- Returning NR vehicles to allocated parking
- Ensure air-conditioning unit/heaters radio’s and all electronic equipment is turned off
IF YOU MEET CRITERIA BELOW, PLEASE APPLY:
- EC (Code 14) licence
- Valid PrDP
- At least 3 years Code 14 driving experience
- In posession of your own cell phone
- Have reliable transport
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Clear Criminal record
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo reference checks, criminial clearance, medical screening and driving assessment.
Contract length: 3 months
Part-time hours: 45 per week
Expected Start Date: 2021/02/22
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: From R36.00 per hour
Intercape adheres to strict COVID-19 regulations. All the coaches are sanitised post trip. Visitors and staff entering the premises are screened ito a Health risk assessment. Staff are issued with PPE.
- Code 14 driving: 3 years (Required)
- Code 14 licence and PDRP (Required)