Midas is searching for a General Worker- Driver to join the team in Krugersdorp. The purpose of this position is to perform general duties as well as driver duties, amoungst others. The successful candidate will report to his/her respective manager.
Key Performance Indicators will include, but not limited to;
- Inspecting of the vehicle pre-departure and return
- Inspection lists to be handed back to Dispatch Supervisor every Monday to sign off before a new inspection list will be issued. Any errors on the vehicle need to be reported immediately before the vehicle can leave the premises.
- Checking parcels together with runner / supervisor before loading into the vehicle always adhere to the New Dispatch Loading procedure.
- Delivering the parcels to the customers on your designated route as per route schedule and trip sheet.
- Ensure customer adherence to the POD procedure.
- Adhere to the RFC procedure.
- Delivering all documents and collection slips that are allocated to your trip sheet and receive POD.
- Sign trip sheets in at the POD clerk and ensure that all documents that were assigned to your name is complete and received back the following day.
- Outstanding trip sheets will be your responsibility and you will be held liable for any claims on No pod queries.
- No stock transfers between customer shops.
- Maintaining and cleaning of the vehicle, reporting any problems on the vehicle immediately to the dispatch supervisor
- Report any problems encountered regarding deliveries or POD`s to the dispatch supervisor
- Job description is not limited to the above duties and responsibilities but you need to perform any other reasonable instruction given by management from time to time
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 / Matric certificate
- Minimum 2 years delivery experience
- PDP a must have
- Must be honest and show integrity
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Closing date: Tuesday 16 February 2021
At Motus we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goal
Please note that candidates not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful