Art is Media
The job of Warehouse Worker/Delivery Driver was established for the purpose/s of coordinating and participating in the receipt, storage, loading and unloading, delivery, and inventory of district materials, food items, supplies, equipment, and mail; ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct; verifying stock and identifying losses; maintaining and organized warehouse layout; and ensuring safe operation of vehicles.
This job is distinguished from similar jobs by the following characteristics: incumbents in this class perform assignments under general supervision within a framework of well-defined policies and procedures.
This job reports to Department Director
• Conducts physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
• Drives vehicles for the purpose of transporting orders and materials to designated sites.
• Loads delivery vehicles for the purpose of ensuring that all items and supplies are properly secured. •
• Maintains vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
• Participates in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
• Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements. •
• Stocks equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining required inventory levels.
• Unloads items for the purpose of distributing shipment to assigned site locations and/or individuals. Other Functions
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities. Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Maintains and cleans central kitchen and warehouse facilities as assigned for the purpose of keeping them in orderly, clean and safe condition.
Maintains various files and records (e.g. temperature logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information.
Processes a variety of documents and/or materials (e.g. warehouse supplies, mail, food items, textbooks, films, AV equipment, packages, bank deposits, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information and/or materials to appropriate parties and/or ensuring the proper storage of materials and supplies.
Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct and/or inspecting items for damage.
Responds to inquiries of staff and vendors for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the status of deliveries, and/or reporting discrepancies to appropriate personnel.
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; handling hazardous materials; operating equipment used in warehouse/delivery activities; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software application
- Number of vacancies: 32
- Minumun level of education: Certificate
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No