Namlog seeks experienced Business Development Manager to source and acquire new clients for Namlog Group of Companies, with specific focus on selling all the following services:
- Break bulk and full truck load transport
- Contract Logistics/dedicated distribution
- Warehouse Outsourcing (Facility, Operations and/or Management Outsourcing)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Source and acquire new clients that fit in with the Namlog overall business strategy. This includes:
- Researching for potential new “cold call” clients
- “Cold calling” potential new clients
- Utilizing his/her existing network of contacts to schedule sales calls
- Utilize Namlog’s network of transportation clients to cross-sell other Supply Chain services
- Compile visit schedules
- Report on visits and KPI’s
- Achieve sales targets
- Engage in active advertising for the company
- In general, constantly promoting Namlog through positive public relations
- Determining the needs of the market.
- Assist the company in reaching its vision, mission and objectives.
- Ensure that clients are up to date with new products and information.
- Provide clients with solutions, quotations and technical assistance.
- Active customer relationship management.
- Ensure that the correct and most efficient formwork design is applied.
- Supports the customer with formwork know-how (“speak the customer’s language!”).
- Determine a client sales strategy: Client strategy, Cost planning, Pricing of tender, Negotiating terms and conditions of contract.
- Take responsibility for the client.
- After Sales Service (following up and closing the loop).
- Makes sure there is flow of information to and from the customer and Namlog’ internal departments (project engineering, operations, customer credit management).
- Monitoring payment entry (invoice management).
- Actively supports the innovation process e.g. As “Sensor” especially in priority markets.
- Awareness and observation of industry competitors to maintain competitive advantage.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Carry out all reasonable tasks, as required by Namlog management.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Relevant Qualification
- Analytical Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Drafting of Tenders Experience
- Experience in Logistics or transport industry will be beneficial
- Practical experience in sales
- Experience with professional customer management, sales promoting measures and customer guidance
- Entrepreneurial knowledge (contracts, checking of credit worthiness, insolvency, supplementary invoice management)
- Working knowledge of market and competition
- Working knowledge of logistics
- Working knowledge of sales methods (scenarios, areas for opportunities, responding to claims, beneficial lines of reasoning)
- Valid Driver’s license and own transport
- Ability to communicate effectively in a commercial environment
- Ability to manage his/her own time
- Ability to prioritize work tasks
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Desire and willingness to achieve company goals to be best of his/her ability
- General positive approach to work life
- Open to new ideas and change
- Active participation in teamwork
- Has a service-oriented mind-set
- Desire to assist colleagues through coaching and mentoring
- Engages in Continuous Improvement Methods
- Ability to show enthusiasm and enthuse others
- Decision-making ability
Package & Remuneration
Benefits (Provident Fund and Medical Aid) form part of the Cost to Company offered to the successful candidate.
If you have not received feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.