To provide system administration support to the Department’s system integration systems such as WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Integration Bus, Talend ESB, ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, and Apache Camel implementations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility:
Responsibilities will include, inter alia:
- Gather and analyse data to determine system requirements;
- Develop work plans and estimates as they relate to systems integration work tasks and team members;
- Research, evaluate, and recommend systems, equipment and technologies based on client needs;
- Draft technical instructions, specialising plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents;
- Liaise with various team members such as management, administration, legal, and support staff on a regular basis;
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based upon system recommendations;
- Provide guidance on infrastructure and application interoperability e.g. network switching and routing, server provisioning and configuration;
- Orchestration of data using secure database systems and networks;
- Providing direction and assistance in the selection of technologies, setting configuration specifications, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining software and hardware;
- Mentor others regarding setup and development of integration technologies, including internal toolsets, XSLT and partner configurations; and Providing client with post-installation and integration support
Desired Experience & Qualification
Education and experience required:
- Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution is required
- Certification on at least one commercial ESB / MQ product
- Demonstrable experience in working with IBM WebSphere MQ and Integration Bus for at least 3-5 years.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Open Source middleware / integration software and frameworks such as Talend ESB, ZeroMQ, ActiveMQ, Mule ESB, Mule MQ, Open Adaptor, JBoss ESB, Apache Geronimo, and Apache Camel.
- Demonstrable exposure to MQ/MB Admin role for 3-5 years.
- Demonstrable experience in installing and configuring message brokers and message queues.
- Demonstrable production support experience of minimum 5 years.
- Ability to write shell / PERL scripts, decode existing scripts and modify as per requirements.
- Must have exposure to debug problems and drive for getting root cause of the incidents
- Demonstrable experience working with DB2, SQL Server, My SQL and Oracle databases.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, relational databases, and management information systems.
- Technical experience with systems networking, database structure, web development, report generation and end-user support.
- Strong background and understanding of SQL database design.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows and/or Unix / Linux operating systems including command-line tasks and scripting
- Effective analytical and critical thinking skills – proven problem solving and follow-through in high pressure situations
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and expectation setting skills with internal and external senior level personnel, colleagues, and peers.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Must be a South African citizen with a clear criminal record.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Able to obtain and retain high level security clearance
- Ability to travel extensively nationally and work after hours as and when required
Package & Remuneration