Our client requires the service of a Managing Agent who will be responsible for providing support to Trustees of Sectional Title Schemes and Homeowners Associations by ensuring professional management of their property.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key performance areas:
- Maintain a complete set of accounting books.
- Keep records of each owner’s levy statements.
- Arrange annual accounting audit with the Auditor of the governing body.
- Preparation of the annual budget for calculating the levies
- Preparation and maintenance of employee contracts, statutory requirements, remuneration and leave
- Handling of all correspondence of the Legal Entity / Association.
- Various secretarial services e.g. sending letters to residents or owners, copies of house rules, etc.
- Record keeping of minutes books, rules, plans, insurance policies, etc.
- Arranging trustee / management committee and annual general meetings.
- Take care of proxies, nominations, agendas, etc. for the AGM.
- Taking and sending out of minutes.
- Assist and advise the trustees / management committee on the procedures regarding matters such as general meetings, special general meetings, quorums, proxies, resolutions, voting rights, etc.
Customer Service and Communication:
- Provide efficient and timely service
- Communicate professionally, friendly and helpful at all times.
- Monthly reporting to trustees
- Work with trustees with all actions to ensure excellent good governance of the legal entity.
Legal and Conflict Resolution Assistance:
- Provide assistance where conflict arises between trustees, owners, tenants, residents and their guests within the Act as well as with the assistance of NAMA and Equillor.
- Assist trustees with exceptional or problem situations with research / investigations to suggest solutions
- Control of current account as well as investment account at bank.
- Collection of levy fees and overdue levies in collaboration with lawyers where necessary.
- Ensure invoices are sent out on a monthly basis.
- Settlement of all accounts of the governing body / association, e.g. electricity, garden service, maintenance and repairs, UIF, Remuneration Commissioner, tax, VAT etc.
- Deposit of all funds received in the governing body’s own bank account.
- Provision of clearance certificates.
- Maintaining Asset Registers where applicable.
Maintenance and Repair Services:
- Receipt of all matters relating to maintenance of the building and common area.
- Collection of quotations for repairs and giving instructions to contractors for minor repairs.
- Submission of quotations for major repairs and improvements to the Board of Trustees and Management Committee.
- Payment of contractors from the governing body’s own bank account after inspection of the work has taken place by the Board of Trustees or Management Committee or their proxy and payment has been approved.
- Assist the Board of Trustees in determining replacement values for insurance purposes and arranging for valuations, when necessary.
- Obtaining quotes for best available premiums.
- Arranging the insurance of buildings and improvements and any other insurance that the Governing Body may require.
- Dealing with all insurance claims.
- Communication between the contractor and Board of Trustees or Management Committee.
- Keep track of budget.
- Arrange quality control.
- Monthly building inspection.
- Health & Safety
Desired Experience & Qualification
The successful candidate must have:
- Matric with a relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 5 – 8 years’ experience in an administrative or financial environment
- Experience in the real estate environment will be highly advantageous
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Word & Excel)
- Experience working on Pastel will be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English & Afrikaans)
- Must be able to cope under pressure and have excellent problem solving skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license with own reliable transport
- Must be able to put in time after hours and be able to attend meetings on Saturdays
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Package & Remuneration
Salary to be discussed at interview stage.