This is an excellent opportunity for a career driven individual with intention of furthering their knowledge in taxation. The successful candidate will be required to attend to various tax related matters, including dispute resolution, tax assessments and provisional tax with SARS.
Duties & Responsibilities
A comprehensive understanding of the Income Tax Act, Value Added Tax Act and the Tax Administrative Act is required to perform the candidate’s duties.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assistance in the general management of the tax compliance function in order to support the Tax Manager.
- Management and development of the tax compliance staff in group context through the necessary supervisions in monitoring and evaluating the team’s progress when conducting work and providing the necessary training.
- Advising staff on tax compliance processes, procedures or general queries related to taxation to all staff.
- Assistance with various tax related matters, including dispute resolution, provisional tax and tax assessments with SARS.
- Application for tax clearances, good standing and foreign investment allowance;
- Tax compliance for a portfolio of high net worth groups including companies, trusts and individuals; Weekly visits to local SARS branch offices;
- Daily liaison with clients and SARS and attending to all aspects relating to taxation; and
- Tax registrations including income tax, VAT, customs and excise and tax exemption.
- Completed SAICA / SAIPA / CIMA articles, eligible for professional registration;
- Eligible to register as a tax practitioner with the South African Revenue Service (SARS);
- Experience and good knowledge of IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, VAT, Income Tax and Companies Act;
- Proven competence in the management of client portfolios and staff;
- Technical proficiency in e-Filing and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient in Afrikaans and English; and
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle.