Core purpose of the role: Responsible for analyzing and reconciling the current financial system of the organization. Keeps records and accounts accurate and current. Daily, weekly and monthly transactional processing. Researches and resolves discrepancies and accounting errors. Completes related reports, summaries, and records according to deadlines. Creates monthly reports. Performs related clerical duties. Assistance with year-end audit. Excellent planning and time management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Prepare financial reports and statistical reports
- Performing cash flow budgets on daily basis
- Preparing all balance sheet reconciliations with proper supporting documents to substantiate balances
- Maintaining fixed asset register and managing asset additions and disposals
- Bank reconciliations
- Ensuring all invoices for the period have been authorized and captured in creditor module
- Creditors reconciliation’s
- Preparing debtors reconciliations, Invoicing, receipting
- Maintaining backups of accounting package data
- Participate in annual audit
- Prepare VAT reconciliation for submissions
- Prepare EMP201 and EMP501 for submissions
- Budgeting and income statement drafting
- Processing of forex payments
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
- Assists accounting personnel as needed.
- Keeps management informed of activities and of any significant problems. Reports the status of all account reconciliations to the manager.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Prepares monthly payroll run from clocking system to payments
- Submit external reports and applications to external parties
- Submit reports to Workmens Compensation and Employment Equity
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, experience in manufacturing entity.
- BCom Finance / BCom Accounting or similar.
- Pastel Evolution Knowledge.
- Advanced EXCEL skills – database knowledge highly advantageous
- SARS Efilling Knowledge
- Strong accounting and analytical abilities.
- Good communication skills
Package & Remuneration
R20000 per month
email your CV and we will contact you if you are all eligible for the interview process.
please note if you have not been contacted within 3 working days of sending through your CV then you have not made it to the interviewing stage.
We thank you in advance for your application.