-Join us as a Mine Planner on a fixed term contract where you will play a pivotal role in scheduling and designing feasible mine plans.
We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
The quality and long life of our mineral assets are the foundation of Anglo American’s global business, so we are driving towards a more sustainable approach to mining.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Anglo American Platinum
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
-As a Mine Planner you are required to have at-least 5 years working experience in designing and scheduling mine plans.
- Designing and scheduling feasible mine plans
- Monitoring production, identifying shortcomings and implementing corrective measures
- Accurately reporting on all activities including production numbers and data analysis
- Scheduling new layouts and designing for project work (extensions, new block, new ideas) on Cads mine/ Mine 2-4 D
- Monitoring risks associated with mine planning and putting controls in place to ensure production plans are adhered to.
- Mine overseers ticket or equivalent (Survey – Government Certificate of Competence)
Knowledge & Skills required:
- Operational experience (5 years) in the Mining / Survey discipline
- 5 Years’ experience in mine planning
- Demonstrable understanding of the intricacies and inter dependencies involved in mine planning (inter discipline, mining operations)
- Ability to obtain information from relevant sources & liaison with other disciplines (Survey, Rock Engineer, etc
-What we offer
When you join Anglo American- Global Shared Services, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form . You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
18 January 2021