A national logistics provider (specialising in A-grade warehousing and transport logistics) is looking for experienced and professional Code 10 Retail Drivers. The successful incumbents will be responsible to perform all deliveries and collections of the company required by the client, and efficiently delivering customer orders, as well as Retail/Backdoor & Depot collections and deliveries.
The ideal candidates will be well-organized, honest, and trustworthy that takes responsibility for their actions.
There are positions available at the company’s National sites around the country, ie:
- Pomona, Kempton Park, Gauteng
- Cape Town, Kuils river
- Durban, Mount Edgecomb
- Port Elizabeth, Swartkops
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understanding of national routes & cities throughout the country preferred
- Execute driver responsibilities cost effectively.
- Contribute to the cost savings targets of the company through efficient and safe driving.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers to deliver on service excellence targets through effective communication, professional conduct and attention to detail.
- Conduct an inspection at point of delivery to ensure goods are not damaged and complies to prescribed standards.
- Assist to resolve delivery disputes with customers to prevent return of goods.
- Provide feedback to management on customer related incidents, queries, concerns etc.
- Ensure cleanliness and good service record of vehicle at all times to ensure access to customer premises.
- Follow route plans and ensure accurate record keeping of travel mileage and petrol slips.
- Ensure vehicle is securely loaded and locked and sealed prior to departure.
- Take responsibility for loading of vehicle, the goods in transit and any returns from the customer.
- Complete daily vehicle check sheets, licensing, roadworthiness, and cleanliness.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Valid Code 10 Driver’s license and PDP
- Valid Code 14 Driver’s license preferred
- Retail/Backdoor & Depot experienced required
- +12 years working experience, of which 5 years must be in the Logistics industry
- Minimum of 5 years uninterrupted service as an employee
- Good problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- 3 Contactable references and verifiable references
- Own transport is essential
- Hardworking and trustworthy
- With sober habits
- Original required documentation to be provided for verification (ID, Bank details, Proof of residence)
- Relevant checks to be obtained (Criminal check, Credit check, Qualification check)
- Relevant vetting assessments to be completed
Package & Remuneration
R11 000 – R15 000 CTC per month based-on relevant experience & job requirements
Additional performance-based incentives provided
Other related duties to be specified by Company upon successful appointment.
Must be willing to work long hours, shifts and weekends.
Although we strive to get back to each and every candidate application, time does not always allow. Should you not hear from us within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful