-Join us as an Administration Officer Technical and be part of an excellence driven team by ensuring that performance and audit data are well managed and action items are followed through within the Engineering department.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Anglo American Platinum
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
-As an administration officer technical you will be tasked with the management and analysis of audit data and the important task of ensuring all action items are implemented. Below are some of the key responsibilities
- Accurately input required information onto systems utilised and prepare reports and spreadsheets that outline action items for each discipline within the Engineering department
- Developing an administrative system that is efficient and effective and maintaining document control systems
- Analyse and communicate audit data as well as followup on actionable items with relevant individuals
- Daily office administration is part of this portfolio i.e.: meetings, venue bookings budget reconciliations etc.
- Administrative qualification
- Technical qualification will be an advantage
Knowledge &Skills required:
- Min 5 years secretarial & administration experience within mining engineering
- Project document control and/or data management experience will be an advantage.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft software (MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and use of Power BI will be an advantage
-What we offer
When you join Anglo American- Global Shared Services, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form . You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
15 January 2021