A new opportunity exists for a Cashier for our store situated in Cape Town. The successful person will report into the Store Manager and his/her primary role will be to assist customers with the in-store check-out process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To efficiently execute all operational activities at the point of sale in a timely and efficient manner.
- To maintain high levels of accuracy.
- To ensure the safe handling of cash at all times.
- To deliver superior customer service by acting as a brand ambassador, being visible and offering a friendly and professional service.
- To efficiently execute and maintain all merchandising and general housekeeping duties according to store and visual merchandise standards.
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice and driving the company values.
- To maintain updated knowledge on products, ranges, promotions and events in order to provide the correct information to customers at all times.
- Basic maths calculations
- Knowledge of customer service excellence
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Numeracy skills
- Relating and networking
- Following instructions and procedures
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with people
- Persuading and Influencing
- Planning and Organising
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Desirable: experience in a customer facing role within a retail store operation environment
- Essential: Grade 12
- Desirable: Maths 50% and English 50% at Grade 12 level
- Studying towards a finance diploma/degree advantage