South Africa – South Africa – D8
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation and convenience platform. The company offers a full range of app-based transportation and life services for over 550 million users across Asia, Latin America, Australia, and Russia, including Taxi, Express, Premier, Luxe, Bus, Designated Driving, Enterprise Solutions, Bike Sharing, E-bike Sharing, Automobile Solutions, Food Delivery, and Payment. Tens of millions of drivers who find flexible work opportunities on the DiDi platform provide over 10 billion passenger trips a year.
DiDi is committed to collaborating with policymakers, the taxi industry, the automobile industry, and communities to solve the world’s transportation, and environmental, and employment challenges with localized smart transportation innovations by leveraging its AI capabilities. By continuously improving user experience and creating social value, DiDi strives to build a safe, inclusive, and sustainable mobile transportation and convenience ecosystem for cities of the future.
DiDi uses technology to improve mobility in our world. As such, we always look for people from every background who want to support our vision, through equal opportunity and nondiscriminatory, fair and impartial treatment, completely free of prejudice related to race, nationality, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, political affiliation, sexual preference, marital status, disabilities or family responsibilities.
For more information, please visit: www.didiglobal.com/news
We are looking for the next superstar in mobility, entrepreneurship and technology communications. We are going to write a new chapter in the history of DiDi, this time in Southern Africa. And that is why we want to bring to our team a senior communications professional deeply committed to developing a sustainable, accessible business, at the service of all and, based on that, then build the best narrative for our Company.
In today’s world, especially in light of the challenges posed to all of us by the pandemic, we need to diversify our areas of action to increase the power of our initiatives and messages. Therefore, we are looking for a candidate who is passionate about exploring new communication channels and integrating them into traditional PR management.
1. Provide corporate communications expert internal consultancy, developing and executing integrated plans that align communications with business goals. Keep an eye on what’s happening in society to be always able to to think ahead and engage proactively.
2. Develop story ideas, research and thought leadership that builds brand profile, using data to build narratives with greater impact and oriented to support business goals.
3. Build close relationships with key opinion leaders and media stakeholders.
4. Be a strong team player: Collaborate with safety, government affairs, customer service, legal, and operations teams to develop communications strategies and support the business.
5. Become a trusted leader and advisor for the leads of the operation and a mentor for the entire team.
6. Manage agency relationships, defining clear outcomes and accountability for deliverables.
7. Create content for every relevant opportunity. Also coordinate and leverage the company resources to find new ways to create and broadcast innovative content.
8. Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
9. Organize innovative events, packed with content focused on strengthening ties between the company and its important stakeholders.
10. Support the company in the expansion plans both at a national or global level.
1. Bachelor degree in Communication, Marketing, or similar.
2. At least five years of experience in leadership roles in corporate communications or public relations agencies, with particular emphasis on content creation, and also relevant experience managing issues, crisis, and reputation management.
3. Strong relations with key opinion leaders, media stakeholders, influencers, press, and government.
4. Experience working in a work environment strongly oriented to the use of data for decision making.event coordination and media management is preferred.
5. Results-oriented and self-motivated approach. We’re looking for a highly entrepreneurial profile.
6. Full-time and availability to travel and live some pretty incredible adventures in a crazy fast growing company.