Alert Engine Parts is searching for a Driver with sober habits and a valid driver’s lisence to join the branch in Goodwood. The incumbent will provide excellent customer service through the timeous delivery of the merchandise to the customer in good condition.
Key Performance Indicators will include, but not limited to;
- Ensure that the delivery vehicle is loaded in a proper manner to ensure the safety and quality of the merchandise and efficient unloading upon delivery.
- Transport merchandise to the Customer in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ensure that the vehicle is correctly maintained.
- Take responsibility for the vehicle and its contents.
- Ensure that the merchandise is delivered in a satisfactory manner and that the Customer signs for the merchandise.
- Provide Feedback to the Despatch/Branch Manager.
- Assist the Despatch Administration staff with the delivery schedule by suggesting approximate delivery and off-loading times for each delivery.
Ensure that the following is adhered to :
- The vehicle is safely packed.
- The merchandise is handled in a safe manner at all times to protect both the delivery goods and the employee. This includes ensuring that items are not dragged on the ground or dropped.
- Any damaged items are reported immediately to the Despatch / Branch Manager.
- Any wrapping/packaging that may not satisfactorily protect the goods during transport is immediately reported to the Despatch/Branch Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferable grade 12, Literacy and Numeracy
- Valid driver’s licence
- At least 3years’ experience in warehousing and/ or logistics environment
Closing date: Wednesday, 13 January 2021
At Motus we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goal
Please note that candidates not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful