- Salary: Market Related
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sectors: General Retail
- Reference: 18646
Apply before Feb 07 2021
Employer: HO Division
Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Cashier Development Officer at our Head Office in Midrand. The primary responsibility will be to provide support to the team including Dis-Chem’s Frontline Supervisors, Admin Managers, Assistant – and Store Managers, with regards to point of sale queries, information on changes and updates. The role will also provide training to relevant employees within the Point of Sale department.
- Grade 12 – Senior Certificate with Mathematics or Maths Literacy and English
- 2 – 3 years’ experience working as a Cashier within a retail environment
- Certificate or Diploma in Administration or related Business qualification
- 1 year or more Frontline Supervisor’s experience
- Ensure point of sale employees receive ongoing training and coaching as per business requirements.
- Keep accurate records of all training activities.
- Ensure that Point of Sale employees are up to date with all departmental changes.
- Forecast future training requirements and address them accordingly.
- Ensure accurate data capturing and completion of documentation is timeously completed.
- Ensure effective verbal and written communication with all relevant stakeholders in a speedy and timeous manner.
- Report any matters of concern to the relevant individuals.
- To collaborate with management staff to get feedback on customer and staff complaints in order to design more effective training materials.
- Remain informed of weekly Cash-up variances nationally to identify training requirements and report irregularities.
- Cashier Operational Knowledge, Dis-Chem Supervisory Principles, Practices and Methods
- English – Read, Write and speak well
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Be able to analyse reports and information, attention to detail
- Basic numeracy skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good customer service skills
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Good communications skills
- Be able to inspire frontline staff to be customer centric
- Strong administration and organising skills
- Trustworthy and honest
- Attention to detail
- Time management and deadline driven
- 3rd additional Language – Speak Well
Special conditions of employment:
- Be able to travel to different branches nationally.
- Be able and willing to work retail and flexi hours.
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN A MONTH AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.