Together with our client in the logistics/transport industry, we are recruiting for an Area Vehicle Manager (AVM) for their Johannesburg branch. The successful applicant will report to the Branch Manager.
- Route planning and Management of all Collections and
Deliveries. The AVM is responsible for the performance of his vehicles. Collections issued must be completed. The AVM is
responsible for the delivery performance of his vehicles and the preparation of the delivery manifest.
- Staff management. AVM to ensure that drivers are on time, presentable, dressed in Company uniform. Make sure that drivers
return with the correct documentation and that paperwork handed in is complete and correct. AVM to manage all disciplinary action in
relation to staff misconduct and performance.
- Fleet Management. Check all vehicles under your control on a daily basis for any new damage or defects, also ensuring the cleanliness of the cabs.
- Administration and Reporting. All COF and PRDP documents to be monitored and managed daily. Manage vehicle checklists and
complete accurate diesel consumption and service reports. Constant monitoring of all emails.
- Other tasks may be delegated to you from time to time, and you need to perform these tasks as if it is appointed task.
- Basic knowledge of the transport industry.
- Knowledge of Company standards and procedures, processes and systems.
- Communication skills
- Technical Competence
- Creative thinking
- Basic Computer Skills
- Fast Thinker
- Problem Solver
- Hard-working, Reliable and Integrity.
- Thriving under pressure.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12
- 2 – 3 years of transport experience
- Fluent in English
- Code 8 license required
Salary: R13 000.00 CTC per month
Benefits: Provident fund with Liberty Life, Medical and subsidy included.