To manage projects to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
The ideal Project Manager must have relevant experience in the retail environment, managing point of sale projects and have SAP experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- 5-8 years Project Management in relevant area
- Experience in Retail FMCG (including Customer Journeys such as Endless Aisle, Digital receipts, Queue Busting, BYOD, QSR Hospitality and Self-Checkouts)
- Proven Track Record on Large Scale Projects Implementations i.e., SAP or POS Programmes, POS would be an added advantage
- Proven track record of experience in rollouts with large number of stores across the African continent (including South Africa) – desirable
- Computer Science or Information Systems Degree/ Diploma.
- Qualification in Project Management – PMP or Prince2
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong experience in Projects and Project deliverables
- Has detailed practical knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and techniques with in depth knowledge of at least one methodology (The company IT uses PMBoK/Agile/ASAP)
- Good knowledge of the Retail business environment
- Non-RSA/ Africa Fiscal Legislation knowledge
- RSA VAT/ Fiscal Legislation knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines/milestones
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of using project tools
- Ability to manage business expectations.
- Ability to coach and mentor teammates.
- Change management
- Project initiation – Project charter
- Project planning – Project management plan including:
- Project schedule
- Project budget
- Project quality plan
- Risk management plan
- Monitoring and controlling of project execution:
- Project progress minutes including issue log, decision log and risk log
- Project status reports
- Project steering committee presentation
- Project close – close out presentation, reports and handover