PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To provide support in the Warehouse environment by receiving, issuing raw materials/chemicals to the production plants and on time. This can be done by successfully keeping 100% stock accuracy, incoming and outgoing warehouse transactions as well as general proper house-keeping.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing full support to the warehouse stock controlling activities
- Issuing of stock items correctly by ensuring that quantities are not compromised
- Issuing of stock on SAP timeously
- Make sure that the picking list/goods issuing document is signed at the time of delivering materials to the end user. (Inbound and Outbound Logistics)
- Responsible for Recording stock out and inform responsible material coordinators
- Compelling list of open reservation versus stock issues, analyse and close old reservations.
- Perform cycle counts daily as well as ad hoc stock counts
- Perform monthly stock counts on high value items
- Packing of stock in correct bins and ensure bins reflect correct amount for distribution
- Update bin location on materials from physical location to align with SAP system ? Ensure that the right materials are kept in the right warehouse/building at all times ? Report missing/damage items on located bins.
- Maintain filing system to ensure documentation available for audit.
- Execute and Maintain FIFO principle to avoid stock expiry and obsoleting
- Review and Reg Tag items that are expired, broken, not good for use
- Perform 5S to contribute to Cleanliness and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure that Logistics procedure and policy are adhered too
- Ensure stock is safeguarded at all time and maintain controlled access to the warehouse buildings ? Treat internal and external customers with respect.
- Maintain good relationships and contributing to team work with colleagues
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Procurement and/or Logistics will be an added advantage ? Certificates in SAPICS related courses (BPIM, PPIM etc.)
- SAP programme
- Computer Literacy (MS Office, MS Word, Excel & Presentation) for Reporting structures reporting structures
- Driver’s license Code 8 and Forklift license will be an added advantage
- attention to detail
- stock control
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level: