Dynamic, Competent and Experienced Lodge Management Couple between the ages of 30-45 years, wanted for stunning Private Nature Reserve in Tolwe Limpopo (individual confidant applicants will also be considered). We want organised people with passion, drive and strong Conservation ethics to join our top Management team, who will invest themselves long-term in our vision! They will be required to provide full lodge management for this up and coming reserve with 3 camps, guiding, hosting and assist the general management team with reserve and tourism tasks and activities.
Please note that the nature reserve is VERY remotely located, 2 hours form the nearest town, candidates must therefore be willing to live remotely and make the bushveld their lives for the long term.
The ideal couple will be confident, self-motivated, career driven and have excellent interpersonal skills, be familiar with all aspects of lodge management, catering for international clients, guiding and infrastructure maintenance.
- General infrastructure maintenance skills. Will be Responsible for the infrastructure, equipment and regular upkeep of the lodge and camps, lodge facilities including gardens, sprinkler systems, swimming pools, water pumps, sanitation systems etc., to ensure that maintenance is to attended to in good time and to a high standard.
- The ability to work independently, good planning and quick execution of tasks and follow up.
- Guest Hosting for 3 Self Catered camps – 8 bed, 22 Bed and 15 Bed.
- Professionalism, warm and friendly personality, hardworking, passionate about their work, go getter attitude and drive
- To plan, prioritise and carry out lodge management and guiding duties at the lodge and camps when necessary
- Responsible for general lodge vehicle and up keep
- Supply monthly reports and written future plans
- Eco-Tourism and Volunteering groups: – Marketing, management and guiding, sales, catering, hosting, activities, liaison with guests etc.
- Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Ideal candidates would have the following between them:
- FGASA at level 1 or higher with PDP vehicle license for daily drives and walks
- FAGASA Lead Trails or in process thereof will be an advantage
- PH Licence and Firearm Competency
- IT proficient
- Reserve and veld Management: Fences, water-provision, Water Pumps, and Mechanical back round will be an advantage – this will be needed from time to time
- Lodge and staff Management,
- Computer literacy – MS Office, Pastel, Nights Bridge, Facebook, Instagram, Booking Agents, Website upgrade and placements of marketing advertisements.
- Hospitality management – Game Lodge Management – Tourism – Marketing diploma and or previous lodge experience, will be an advantage
- Intense marketing of the lodges on all portals – therefore be creative
- Fine eye for cleanliness and detail, coordinate monitoring of lodge supplies and consumption and purchasing of supplies for lodge.
- Code 8 drivers’ licence
Between the couple:
- > 5 years Lodge, hotel or tourism management, eco-tourism, volunteering and guiding experience – preferably a tertiary qualification;
- >5 years Reserve Management experience – preferably a Nature Conservation or Game Ranch Management tertiary qualification;
- Experience with – eco-tourism and volunteering programs, veld guiding and activities, Marketing, catering and hosting
Remuneration: A competitive salary package is offered, based on qualifications and experience.
Accommodation: House with services on site is supplied, company vehicle , 2 laptops and 2 cell phone contracts.
You will report directly to the Company General Manager on day-to-day issues.
Interested Candidates should submit a covering letter, detailing their interest in and suitability for the position, a recent head and shoulder photo of themselves and Updated CV’s in English, including dates worked at previous companies, as well as reasons for leaving, with contact details of 3 references with application. Any supporting documentation that could help with application. Please also advise on your salary expectations.
Applications to be e-mailed to Michelle van der Merwe to: apply below . Due to high e-mail volumes, only applications that comply will be shortlisted and contacted. Ideal Candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us within 40 days please consider your application as unsuccessful.