- AAbout us, purpose, experience and qualifications
- make a promise
- be deeply invested
- value our differences
- build trust, not territory
- have courage
- always do the right thing
- stay curious and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require reasonable accommodation.
Provision of an effective and efficient legal administrative and operational support function
experience and qualifications
- Minimum: Matric and Legal Secretarial Diploma or similar
- Preferred: Legal Degree or studying towards an LLB
- 2 – 4 years relevant experience in Legal administration
COMPETENCIES Name of Competency Description INTRAPERSONAL|ETHICAL JUDGEMENT Maintains social, ethical and organisational values, firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles COMMUNICATION|VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION The capacity to listen attentively, present information clearly and concisely and respond appropriately to the verbal and written communications of others. This includes the ability to regulate delivery in response to the needs of a target audience COGNITIVE|ANALYSIS AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL The ability to be systematic and rule orientated in gathering, reviewing and evaluating data from a variety of perspectives; includes the ability to work with precision and highlight inconsistencies and inaccuracies in detailed information COGNITIVE|LEARNING AGILITY Grasps new information with ease, is motivated to actively identify new areas for learning and consistently creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities INTRAPERSONAL |COURAGE Shows bravery to take on daunting challenges, say what needs to be said and give and receive constructive feedback; faces up to people problems quickly and directly INTERPERSONAL|TEAMWORK The capacity to work co-operatively with others to achieve shared goals COMMUNICATION|CONFLICT MANAGEMENT The capacity to facilitate conflict resolution and allow for maximum understanding between different parties and points-of-view FUNCTIONAL|RESEARCH COMPETENCE The capacity to work with a research question, gather and structure relevant data and present results as a compelling, defensible argument. Includes the ability to identify and leverage multiple platforms (e.g. Web, academic databases, government agencies, and experts) in order to stay abreast of, influence, and in some cases define current thinking within the relevant field(s) INTRAPERSONAL|DRIVE AND RESULTS ORIENTATION Is a self-starter and originator who maintains high levels of activity and produces a consistently high-quality output within agreed deadlines. Prompt and proactive in driving for results and sets demanding goals for self and others INTRAPERSONAL |RULE ORIENTATION Achieves results by following rules and procedures TECHNICAL|COMPUTER LITERACY/SYSTEM KNOWLEDGE Is computer literate and demonstrates an understanding of the systems and processes required to generate performance in their role TECHNICAL|LEGAL RISK MANAGEMENT Management of risks associated with contracting, banking, litigation, compliance with key legal protocols.
- Increases operational efficiency and suggestion of solutions which will enhance cost effectiveness.
- Efficient and effective query response and delivery of duties that is accurate and timeous.
- Delivery of tasks within agreed processes, timelines and operating standards.
- Performance of administrative functions in support of the Legal function,
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements
- Maintenance of a comprehensive and up to date document library. Provision of support to Legal team to source required documentation.
- Ensure all SLA’s are in place and managed accordingly and conduct spot audits to ensure contract and SLA terms are being adhered to, both by the suppliers and the business units
- Manage personal development to increase own skills and competencies