Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Our commitment to People, Quality and Innovation means we deliver career opportunities that few others can match. From our beginnings 50 years ago couriering time sensitive high importance documents to today’s cutting edge logistics solutions for Cell & Gene Therapies that save lives, we now have over 3,000 employees at 140 offices in more than 50 countries worldwide and are part of Fortune 10 corporation AmerisourceBergen.
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The holder of this position may perform the following tasks:
- Clear/Lodge Cargo at Airlines
- Handle Local Collections
- Handle Local Deliveries
- Ensure that inventory loads match shipping papers/documents
- Call through of P.O.D’s after deliveries and handing over of hard copies of the POD’s to the Operations team upon returning with the vehicle to the office.
- Get Customs documents approved at Customs, Port Health, Plant Inspection and any other regulatory approvals required.
- Ensure that packaging and supplies are taken for daily collections.
- Take instructions from Operations for daily collections and deliveries.
- Follow all Special Delivery Instructions as advised and communicated by the Operations team members.
- Pack Dry Ice for collections and General Dry Ice handling
- Adhere to any SOP’s relating to shipment deliveries, Pick Ups or general handling.
- Ensure that shipments are marked and labelled accordingly with the correct shipment identification.
- Basic Temperature control awareness and handling.
- Work on Shifts and weekends as applicable according to the roster and when required.
- Ensure that the vehicle is well maintained and looked after.
- Vehicle to be sent on its scheduled and routine services. This to be arranged and communicated with the Operations Manager.
- Vehicle to be cleaned on a regular basis (this is to be documented as per SOP procedures). Vehicle also to be kept clean and tidy at all times.
- All rules of the road are to be followed and adhered to at all times, especially speed limits must be obeyed at all times.
- Complete the daily Vehicle and Drivers checklists
- Complete mileages travelled accurately
- Handle over of any fuel and toll slips directly to the Operations Manager
- Report of any vehicle issues such as possible problems or damages (in addition to completing the checklist). This to be reported directly to the Operations Manager
- Receive training on the Driver Application (DASH). This is a mobile application to be used for updating of your daily collections and deliveries that is directly linked to our Internal system.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in this data capturing is essential.
- Assist operations team with preparing and labelling of packaging for daily collections.
- Assist in preparing and packaging of GTC boxes for possible returns to JNB.
- Assist in the completion of the monthly stock count. To be reported to the operations team.
- Assist in the organisation of packaging and storage within the warehouse. Ensure that this is in compliance with all relevant SOP’s.
- Assist in the cleaning and preparation of all Multi-use packaging.
- Assist in the pre-conditioning of all PCM’s for Multi use packaging.
- Ensure that all training is completed within the set deadlines for completion.
- Ensure that training received is adapted into the day to day responsibilities to ensure compliance.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Professional and confident presentation skills
- Proficiency with working tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Fluency in English
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to provide relevant ad-hoc information on request
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Personal Attributes and Disposition:
- Dependable, Reliable and Trustworthy
- Positive disposition
- Ability to work as team player and independently
- Remains calm under pressure
- Flexible attitude
- Attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workload
- Friendly and Polite
- Drivers Licence Code 8
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationSouth Africa-Cape Town-Cape Town
Montague – CPT Spearhead Business Park Unit s 33 Montague Drive Montague Gardens Cape Town 7441
OrganizationWorld Courier Inc
AmeriSourceBergen – 9 days ago – original job