At PBT Group we pride ourselves on being a Data Specialist organisation. With 20 years of experience in 27 countries over 3 continents, our team of 550 consultants have implemented more than 700 projects.
Our worldwide expertise and regional specific wisdom differentiate us from our competitors. We have adopted a technology-agnostic approach that best enables us to provide our clients across various industries and regions with customisable services and solutions that bring real value to their business. To achieve this continuously, we look to hire specialists and consultants of exceptional calibre across our offices in South Africa (Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Johannesburg), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Ireland (Dublin) and Australia (Melbourne). For more information, please visit: www.pbtgroup.co.za.
We are looking for promising experienced and aspiring Data Modelers.
What is the role:
- The Data Modeler will be expected to perform data profiling tasks on the underlying data, to ensure that the data model remains consistent.
- The Data Modeler will work closely with Business Analysts, Solution Architects and development Team Leads, to ensure that the design of the model aligns with the solution architecture and is relevant and optimal.
- The Data Modeler must ensure that the data meets organisational needs by using conceptual, logical and physical data models to translate complex business data into an organisational asset.
The following areas of expertise are key to the successful delivery of the above outcomes:
- Solid background in SQL, information architecture and ETL procedures is required.
- Previous scripting language experience e.g. Unix Shell scripting.
- Agile Development.
- Ability to comply with and manage reusable data assets under a governance framework.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Ability to do effort estimations.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience in development methodologies.
- The ability to configure and build solutions in various ETL toolsets would be advantageous.
- Ability to build ETL solutions in a Hadoop environment.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to become a Data Specialist consultant.
- Exposure to far-reaching in-field innovations and technologies.
- Mentorship, knowledge sharing and skills enhancement.
- Attractive work-lifestyle options and remuneration.
- Potential opportunities to travel, work abroad.