TITLE OF POSITION TO BE FILLED & JOB ID CODE:
Maintenance Supervisor (Electrician) – 2IC: SJ21011
AREA & GRADING:
Mpumalanga – 5*
Safari JOBS is searching for a Maintenance Supervisor (Electrician) for an ultra-luxurious, intimate 5* property situated in Mpumalanga.
It is imperative that the successful candidate have some form of electrical trade type qualification / preferably be formally qualified as an electrician and have good, sound knowledge of various aspects of solar operation as well as general electrical.
The Maintenance Supervisor should also have some other basic general maintenance skills and experience – a bonus if the candidate comes from a safari lodge or similar hospitality background, but not mandatory as long as you are willing and happy to live in bush environment.
The Maintenance Supervisor will work hand in hand with the Maintenance Manager and General Management team and will be required to stand in for the Maintenance Manager when they are on leave.
The successful candidate is one that can follow instruction, is walking fit, not a clock-watcher, a team player and must be well-presented and well-spoken as they will need to liaise directly with Guests on occasion.
Recently qualified Red Seal Electricians will also be considered;
Expats with a valid work permit in place and not expiring before December 2021 may also submit their applications if they meet the minimum criteria to apply.
More detailed information on the company, location etc. will be provided to shortlisted Candidates.
MINIMUM CRITERIA/ QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATIONS:
- Matric / Senior school leaver’s certificate;
- Formal electrical qualification / qualified electrician (not auto electrician);
- General electrical and solar experience / knowledge;
- Other general / basic maintenance experience;
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport (preferred);
- Computer literate;
- Previous experience / an understanding of working in a high end 5* safari lodge environment – advantage;
- Excellent English communication skills – written and verbal;
- Must be of sober habits and be in good fit, physical health;
- Ability to step in & handle Maintenance Manager duties in their absence;
- An engaging, patient team-player who works well with other staff and can communicate comfortably and confidently with Guests;
- Punctual, self-motivated, well-presented individual with an eye for detail;
- Happy to work in a big 5 bush environment for 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off per cycle;
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS:
(DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND SUITABILITY)
- Negotiable based on experience, qualifications etc (Please advise your gross negotiable salary expectation upon application);
- UIF contribution;
- Annual salary review / bonus/es – based on performance and at the discretion of the company;
- Emergency medical evacuation, medical support and response;
WORK / LEAVE CYCLE:
6 weeks on – 2 weeks off
**NB** Apart from us receiving your CV through this platform please kindly note that all the following must be on file ready to send to Safari JOBS should your application be successful for initial shortlist.
1. JOB ID CODE – SJ21011 in the subject header of your email;
2. CV: Up-to-date**
**(CRITICAL REGARDING CV’S – All places of employ, dates of employ and reasons for leaving must be stipulated in your CV);
3. PHOTO: Recent head & shoulders photo not older than 6 months;
4. SALARY: Your minimum – maximum negotiable gross salary expectation;
5. WRITTEN REFERENCES: Minimum 2 from previous employers;
6. QUALIFICATIONS: Copies of your most formal related qualifications;
7. ID and Driver’s licence copies;
8. AVAILABILITY: A – For interviews and B – To start new positions.
Safari JOBS thanks you in advance for applying for this vacancy – due to the high volume of applications expected should you not hear from us within 7 working days please kindly consider your application unsuccessful. We will however hold your details on file and alert you to any suitable future vacancies you would be eligible to apply for. Have a great day!