Farm Manager â€“ Piketberg
Apply before Jan 06 2021 | 6 Days left
Employer: Service Solutions Staffing
Senior Farm Manager â€“ Piketberg
Senior Farm Manager – Piketberg
Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Senior Farm Manager, a permanent position on one of their large fruit farms in the Piketberg area.
This position would suit an experienced Farm Manager and his family to join this dynamic and forward moving team. This is a live in role on the Farm.
Please see below for basic requirements for the position, full details will be discussed during the interview process:
– Applicant should preferably have a Code 14 with PDP, and minimally a Code 10 with PDP.
– Applicant should have a strong mechanical aptitude, be hands-on and able to service and repair farm vehicles and equipment, and be a problem-solver.
– Candidate should have experience in operating plant and machinery, eg. digger-loaders, loaders, excavators, harvesters, and all tractors and normal farm implements
– Excellent experience in irrigation systems, including pumps, irrigation controllers, pipe installation and repairs, etc., would be a prerequisite, as well as a good knowledge of pruning, fertilization, pest control, and the normal day-to-day farming operations.
– An ability to handle and motivate staff
Salary – Negotiable depending on experience