- Cape Town CBD
- Salary: R75 000.00 – R90 000.00 Per Month (Negotiable)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sectors: Construction Engineering
- Reference: 1717240
Employer: Mainline Civil Engineering Contractors
The Tunneling and Trenchless Specialist is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project for Tunneling and Con.
- Overall responsibility for safety, quality, and budget for projects R50 Million and up
- In charge of project cost, staffing, and scheduling
- Direct reports include Project Engineer, Office Manager, QC, and Safety.
- Prepare project status reports and work to ensure work adheres to contract specifications
- Lead and direct the work of others
- Communicate corporate information to the project team as well as keeping Contracts Manager updated
- Direct and supervise work of project administration, project manager, and engineers to establish operation priorities and maintain all equipment and plant.
- Establish/Define/Promote values, expectations, and performance standards for team and individual members in accordance with Mainline’s mission, vision, and values
- Create and execute project work plans
- Responsible for the overall management of the project (e.g. resources, schedule) to ensure a complete solution is delivered on time and within budget
- Manage cost, schedule, and program documentation.
- Capable of managing projects in excess of R50 Million
- Effectively provide subcontractor management
- Train and develop staff in the use of TBM and other Trenchless technologies
- And other duties as assigned