- Full Time
Min 2 years experience
Experience in life insurance is ESSENTIAL
Duties & Responsibilities
R12 000 – R18 000 pm
- As a Marketing Assistant you’ll play an important coordination role within the team, liaising with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be involved in various daily marketing tasks to support the Marketing Specialist’s portfolio.
- The primary function of the role is to understand the marketing and communication objectives of different areas in the business and to support the Marketing Specialist in delivering these elements on time and as per agreed marketing plans.
- Another key focus is to understand and enhance the different stakeholders experience with brand-relevant and effective communication.
- Liaison with different role-players in the business, including the technical and administrative teams, as well as external role-players, to plan and prioritise projects effectively and to ensure high-quality delivery that’s on brand and on brief.
- Report to the Distribution Marketing Specialist, who is accountable for the strategic marketing delivery to different stakeholder groups.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Must have a tertiary qualification in Communication Science, Brand Management or Marketing – such as an BA Communications or Marketing, IMM diploma, Vega Brand School Degree or similar.
- Must have at least three years’ experience working in a marketing environment, preferably in the financial services space.
- At least one relevant tertiary Marketing qualification, such as a Marketing or Communication degree, is an absolute requirement
- Proven experience as a Marketing and Brand specialist – a minimum of three years’ experience is required, preferably more
- Experience within the financial services sector and specifically in the lower income market, is a strong advantage.
- Client liaison and service to our various marketing stakeholders
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability for your portfolio
- Implementing the approved strategies and marketing campaigns; by ensuring that these are successfully rolled out, on-time, on-budget, on-brand
- Diligence and attention to detail;
- Following and adhering to all marketing processes and sign-off protocols
- Proven marketing strategy skills and experience
- Campaign management and implementation skills
- Excellent project and implementation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to interact with poise at all levels within the organisation
- Must be a team player, and flexible enough to wear different hats on different days
- Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure
- Must be comfortable working in a diverse, multi-skilled and multi-disciplinary team
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy and own transport